FURNITEST Furniture Testing Centre is fully equipped to perform a wide range of furniture tests according to valid European and International standards.
Formaldehyde is a colourless gas with a pungent, irritating odour that is found in resins that act as a glue in the manufacture of pressed wood products. We are able to determine the content and release of formaldehyde from all types of wood based products.
We test different kind of wood materials used for furniture manufacturing: finished and in the rough particle board, finished and in the rough fiberboard, plywood, glues, adhesive bonds.
FURNITEST is accredited according to ISO/IEC 17025 to carry out the tests of furniture safety, furniture materials and determination of formaldehyde content and release.
Established since 1964, working according to GOST, European and International standard requirements intended for furniture.
We can offer a large amount of testings:
FURNITURE SAFETY, STABILITY, STRENGTH, DURABILITY TESTINGS
WOOD-BASED FURNITURE MATERIALS AND PRODUCTS, ADHESIVES TESTINGS
DECORATIVE SURFACE LAYER TESTINGS
DETERMINATION OF FORMALDEHYDE QUANTITY RELEASE TESTINGS
If you cannot find a testing method you are particularly interested in, please do not hesitate to contact us and discuss it further. We would be extremely happy to provide you all the necessary information about our facilities and technical ability to perform accredited and non accredited tests.
Why We Do It Better
- We have a long time experience in furniture testing;
- We are experts of furniture manufacturing industry;
- We actively participate in a work of the Technical Committee of Lithuania LST TK9 „Furniture“ (chairman of the Committee – the Head of Laboratory – Manvydas Mickus).
- We are representing the Republic of Lithuania in CEN/Technical Committee 207 „Furniture“;
- Vsi Furnitest is a member of the Lithuanian Forest Cluster;
- Our laboratory is accredited to perform tests according to the European standard system since 1997;
- We have significant practical knowledge of the Russian GOST standard system;
- We are constantly participating in international Inter-laboratory comparisons in order to verify and assert that we deliver to our customers accurate testing results.